A simple recipe for Lemon Meringue Ice Cream, by 16 year old blogger and ice-cream expert Betty.
Hello There ,
Just a quick little introduction. I’m a 16 year old lifestyle blogger studying graphic design. I am co-founder, along with my 12 year old brother, of Bee’s Ice Cream, and owner of a little online shop called Loving Dot which will be coming to a screen near you sometime soon!
My aim is to prove that not all of the young generation fit into the strong stereotype often shown in the media. Personally I believe that more of the successes of my generation should be publicised.
Now, on to the ice cream. I’ve got here what I call a first time friendly ice cream…
It was actually the first ice cream I tried myself and it was a great success (if I do say so myself!) I can guarantee the reviews will only be great ones if you follow my recipe. So here it is…
– 500ml Double Cream
– 100g Caster Sugar
– Juice and rind of 4 unwaxed Lemons (if you like it less lemony I recommend only doing 3 Lemons)
– A pinch of salt
– 6 mini meringues
– 1/2 jar of lemon curd
-Ice cream maker (don’t worry if you don’t have one ill leave a little note for you at the end)
1. Grate rind from lemons using a grater.
2. Cut the lemons in half and remove pips. Using a lemon squeezer take the juice from the lemons into a small bowl.
3. Using an electric whisk whip the double cream until thick.
4. Mix together the cream, lemon juice and lemon rind with a wooden spoon. Then add the sugar.
5. Add a pinch of salt to the mix.
6. Put in the ice cream maker and follow makers instructions.
7. Once finished quickly stir in meringues and transfer to freezable container (I used a 1ltr round container) as you transfer layer with lemon curd.
8. Finish with lemon curd and mini meringues on top
*If you don’t have an ice cream maker follow instructions up to point 6 and then straight away put in a freezer container and into the freezer it goes. Stir every 30 minutes and on the 3rd stir stir in the crushed meringues and lemon curd its important you don’t do it before this point otherwise you might have soggy meringues. Then keep stirring every 30 minutes until its hard this normally is after 3-4 hours and stirring every 30 minutes!
Here is my end result. If you give it a go please share a picture with me on instagram
Lots of love,